When more formal instruction in an aspect of the energy business is required, our Professional Development practice area provides a limited number of carefully designed training courses and business simulations. Currently, these are offered as part of a public program in several locations in the US, but all of the courses can also be tailored to be run in-house as required.
In addition, should a client have a very specific professional development need, we have the ability to access our network of industry experts to develop and deliver a bespoke curriculum to meet this need.
NEW: Project Finance Courses
The Energists and the International Faculty of Finance (IFF) are pleased to bring you two BACS-accredited project finance learning opportunities that are being offered for the first time in the US on an open-access basis.
These project finance courses have been proven and honed by many years of practical delivery to a client list which speaks for itself – IFC, USAid, Africa Finance Corporation, Atradius, EKF, Siemens, RWE, ING, Standard Chartered, RBS, African Development Bank, DLA Piper, Unicredit, ECGD, Repsol, MASDAR, OFID. Many of these now send candidates to these courses on an ongoing basis as part of broader training and development programs.
The courses are practice orientated workshops with small class sizes to ensure that each delegate gets the maximum personal benefit from the training. The courses are also rich in “tips & tricks” and are built around checklists and mind-maps, which are designed to be of real practical value in the workplace.
The courses are:
(1) Oil & Gas Project Finance an Reserve Based Lending – Houston, TX, 22-24 March 2017
Previously only available on an in-house basis, this course:
- is the first of its breadth and depth to be offered in the US market
- uses proven teaching methods and materials which have been “road-tested” over many years
- is taught by two respected project finance and reserve-based lending practitioners – Steve Mills & Jon Verlander – who have decades of lending and advisory experience
- begins with an intensely practical induction into the methodologies employed in project finance
- compares and contrasts – in granular detail – the US and the European approaches to reserve-based lending
- covers the whole hydrocarbon stream from upstream to downstream from a project finance perspective
(2) Project Finance – New York, NY, 27-29 March 2017
Taught by Steve Mills, a practitioner with decades of limited-recourse lending and advisory experience, this Project Finance course offers you:
- a core project finance toolkit which could otherwise only be built up over many years of work in the sector
- techniques which you will be able to apply to specific cases from first principles
- an in-depth understanding of how project finance is applied in oil & gas, power and infrastructure / PPP
- a range of mind-maps, checklists and reference materials which will help you in your day-to-day work